2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 Specs – Polaris snowmobile is the lightest sled on the mountain. The Polaris® rail line is always light and rigid, and Polaris has added strength and durability while reducing the weight on the RMK® AXYS® platform. Polaris uses design optimization software to analyze load, voltage points for various snowmobile systems and components that allow teams to design light, long-lasting snowmobiles. Providing the rider with an instant lift, the Polaris sled helps the rider ride on the snow faster because of its lighter weight, increasing power from 800 H.O. Cleanfire® Engine, exclusive Polaris song design and upgraded chassis.
One piece, lightly forged (about 1.5 lbs lighter) while providing optimum strength. Forging is widely used and proven through the automotive industry. This design reduces the unsprung mass leading to better driving quality and enhanced maneuvarability.
Polaris 800 SKS 155 are built on standard AXYS® LED indicator lights. LED lamps provide the best lighting in the industry, Almost lightweight 1 lb and high beam 80% brighter than incandescent bulbs. Color temperature or lamp output (“white” light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, very appropriate during the day. The LED headlights survive all the time of the sled. Increased primary resistance to traditional incandescent lamps with filaments burned out. For constant visibility and enhanced security, low beams remain lit at all times. Even when the high beam is activated, there is never a time without light.
2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 Specs
2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 – Engine Performances
2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 Developed in conjunction with the proven AXYS, 800 Cleanfire® H.O platform. The engine produces a 10% power-to-weight ratio increase and a faster throttle response to generate instantaneous lift. Integrated mounting positions optimize the chassis balance. Displaying:
- Grooved pistons for improved durability and engine life
- 3-stage electronically controlled exhaust valve to improve power and responsiveness
- Electronic oil pumps for reduced throttle business and improved durability
- Thermostat with bypass warms up to 40% faster operating temperature and increases endurance
- High intake and exhaust efficiency to improve breathing ability, which increases power
- Exclusive VForce Reeds for more power and improved reed life
- Lightweight crankshaft is more durable, 2.5 lbs lighter.
The Polaris 800 SKS 155 with Board running PowderTrac has been developed to clear maximum snow and maximum strength. Built from extruded aluminum with jagged cast lugs, they offer an open area of over 50% and integrated traction destined for definite leg performance. There is now additional open space on the back of the board with the rear pads to reduce the snow.
The electronically controlled three-stage exhaust valve provides better running quality, sharper throttle response, smoother fuel savings and refinement. The active feedback for the exhaust valve position provides a more accurate fuel in a transient situation. This exhaust valve also improves the stability of the combustion, thereby increasing the endurance and life of the engine.
The electronic oil pump eliminates robbing drive drives, provides more precise and better oil delivery for performance and durability as well as 35% reduction in throttle effort. No adjustments required. The porous intake thrust material and the high flow exhaust system make the breathing machine pack better for greater power. The silencer reduces the sound level.
2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 with Lightweight crankshaft weighs 2.5 lbs less, delivers 25% lower inertia and faster throttle response and spooling. This provides better acceleration. Designed and engineered specifically for 800 Cleanfire® H.O. The engine for increased durability, this same lightweight crankshaft used on the Polaris Race since the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons, demonstrates its proven durability.
2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 Specs
2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 – Features
2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 with XYS® RMK features a patented, enhanced chassis that increases the distance, reduces obstacles to keep you in the snow. The AXYS RMK chassis, a purpose built for mountaineering, allows for side cooling, faster and easier climbing, and a momentary impulse that allows the sled to descend into the snow faster. The aluminum foil is light and durable for all types of riding. Higher spindles increase clearance to reduce drag.
The Polaris 800 SKS 155 with lightweight rear suspension design has a revised geometry for pitch control and This improves weight transfer and provides better control and more appropriate travel. Rigid suspension provides direct power to the snow. Off-trail, the rider will see an increase in weight transfer while maintaining the angle of approach. On-Trail, the riders will see a more obedient and comfortable ride. The rear suspension has a rail design that helps lift the rear slip while driving it forward.
The 2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 design is optimized for advanced lug contacts. A soft and flexible tip for outstanding deep snow performance. The SKS uses a proven and correct Sternat chain stirrer system, which provides the perfect combination of strength and performance for the use of horse blending in all snow conditions.
The Walker Evans Piggyback Clicker Shock with remote compression and reservoir adjusters offers the best performance in the broadest range of conditions. Reengineered in 2016, the mountain circle is more ergonomic and has been moved to a bottom 2.5 “to prevent the rider’s battering in the chest while in a steeper area.Now a one-piece style design, the mountain circle is made of durable polyurethane material. .
Polaris 800 SKS 155 with brake features 2 fixed pistons opposing caliper design for better and faster braking response. Brake pad material has higher thermal properties to provide optimum wear over time. The SKS features a standard bogey wheel and a cooling bulkhead to keep engine temperatures better for horse riding use in all snow conditions.
Another first industry for 2018 Polaris 800 SKS 155 the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobile. 4.3 high resolution, digital display This LCD provides the rider with information including :
- Fastness performance: Speedometer, tachometer, double tripmeters, average speed, max speed, machine / travel clock & odometer Sled operation condition: Coolant temperature, diagnostic & maintenance alert
- Conditions rise: Air temperature, all day in 12 hour or 24 hour format
- Bluetooth function: Allows the meter to communicate with the rider’s mobile phone and notify you of incoming calls or text. Displays phone battery & signal strength
- GPS / Mapping Capabilities: Compass is standard, & full-featured GPS can be installed to provide direction & information about services such as fuel dealers, restaurants, lodgings & Polaris. Customize your GPS to operate with North Up or Course Up navigation depending on your preference
- Ride Planning Feature allows you to plan trips using Ride Command, save as GPX file, and transfer to screen via USB interface.
- This gauge comes as an option on some SnowCheck models, and is available as an accessory option