2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition Review – Polaris has set new standards on the utility side by side with the introduction of the new Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition. Simply put, the new flagship RANGER is tougher, smoother, more RANGER. More than 100 inspired innovations from owners make the most difficult Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition, the fastest riding Ranger ever.
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition is rougher. Started with a powerful ProStar® 1000 engine, tuned to produce 82 horsepower class. This unrivaled power works with all-new coupling and redesigned driveline. The large-capacity couplings designed by Polaris provide unparalleled low-speed concessions and are equipped with the strongest belts offered on the Ranger. In addition, the air intake under the redesigned hood and the new clutch cover provides increased airflow for the life of a cooler and longer lasting belt. Improved driveline geometry results in less friction to improve efficiency and quieter travel. The Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition transforms power into productivity with a 25 percent higher tensile capacity for the industry’s leading 2500 lbs. (1,134 kg).
The all-new Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition all-new exterior design is inspired from a full-size pickup truck and captures the essence of the Ranger. The completely new front end, larger headlamps and different new grille positioned behind the large front bumper, designed for additional protection in the most difficult environments. The new bumper includes an integrated Polaris, a vehicle tie point and mounting point for Polaris winers and lighting accessories. The Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition also features a new full body slip plate that provides harder protection to improve endurance. new drain cargo box carries 11.5 percent more volume and then has a welded steel angle to increase the stiffness. Features like the exclusive Lock & Ride® rails, eight pocket pegs, box-dividing slots in the box, and the reinforced D-ring make it the most versatile cargo box in the industry.
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition Review
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition – Engine
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition has 999cc basic 999cc engine with the same fuel, Twin-cylinder ProStar four-step DOHC. The 2017 version boasted 80 horsepower and is one of the most seamless and quietest engines in the utility / rec category. For the year 2018, Polaris found two more horsepower hidden in the back room. The power increase comes from the tuning, so the base engine remains unchanged.
Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition does get all-new clutching system and redesigned driveline. Polaris updated the air intake as well. Driveline updates include new belts and tweaks that reduce friction. This means you will have a longer belt lifespan and a stronger driveline overall. It also requires a machine that is already quieter than most competitions and makes it lonelier.
The 2018 version starts fresh with a new one-piece chassis to improve rigidity and flex reduction. A full-length skid rides up under a new frame and the suspension travels hit 11 inches at the bend. Ground clearance also rises up to 13 inches, possibly because of the size of its tires hit an inch to 27-inch rubber. The big news here is that the payload capacity jumped to 1,500 pounds and pullers rose to 2,500 pounds. The capacity of a fixed cargo bed is 1,000 pounds.
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition Review
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition – Features
The 2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition is the first SxS gas powered utility with an air conditioning system. Now enjoy warming and cooling for the varied climate in the world’s most powerful utility vehicle. Knock the tightly sealed taxi seal firmly to the RANGER frame to hold the element and air in. This system also always brings 10% fresh air to keep the dust fixed.
The ProStar 1000 engine is tuned to power 80 HP and 61 lb-ft torque for full power just when you need it. Twin cylinders ensure smooth operation and provide a low end grunt for serious towing and hauling. The Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition releases 15% more HP to the rear wheels than the Pioneer 1000. That means having more power in the press as the work becomes heavy and handles daily tasks with ease.
With 2,000 lbs. Withdrawing capacity and standard receptors 2 “, the Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition enables you to handle the toughest jobs with confidence.In addition, the leading 1.275 lbs class.Carge capacity is highlighted from the rear box with a gas-assisting beem operation that can carry up to 1,000 lbs. full-size palette.
- Designed for EASY MAINTENANCE : RANGER is designed to facilitate easy maintenance and easy access of service points for oil filters, dipstick & drain plugs. Polaris Engineered PS-4 Extreme Duty and PS-4 Oil Change are engineered to offer the right protection for your machine, the right amount of oil and filters to get the job done quickly so you can ride back.
- PRO-LOCK ™ ON-DEMAND ALL-WHEEL DRIVE : Pro-Lock is our fastest AWD system ever! The four wheels immediately close when your vehicle requires more advanced appeal and switch back to 2WD when it is not on. No need to wait for pressure to build or stop and lock the diff like our competitors. Also, when in 2WD, the VersaTrac Turf Mode button opens the rear difference to make it easier and faster to change so it will not tear your page.
- THREE-MODE THROTTLE CONTROL : With Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition standard throttle control mode, you not only get the most power in the industry, but unmatched control over all 999 cc. There’s a Working mode when it takes precision and then Standard to blend traditional throttle with power output, and Performance when you’re ready to go all out.
- INNOVATIVE AND COMFORTABLE STORAGE SOLUTIONS : With the 2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition, enjoy 57 L of cabin storage that includes many easy accesses in dash storage that hold items when needed.
- STANDARD ELECTRONIC POWER STEERING : The lightest and most responsive Steering Power available and with Variable Assist for easier steering at lower speeds and more responses as speed increases.
- SUSPENSION OF SUSTAINABLE SUSPENSION : Suspension of Dual A-Arm suspension full 10 “(25.4 cm) in front and 10” (25.4 cm) travel Independent Wheel Suspension keeps the ride smooth, even when transporting up to 1,500 lbs. (680.4 kg) load and crane to the brim! The collar adjustment gives you the option to set the spring load pre-load based on the amount you need to transport.
- FULL FOOT OF GROUND CLEARANCE : To navigate hurdles, roots, and obstacles over long distances requires further ground clearance, the RANGER XP® 1000 gives you a complete ground ground so you can go further and do more. That’s 9% more clearance than the Can-Am Defender HD10.
- 3-PERSON COMFORT AND ERGONOMY : wide RANGER wide bench and soft seating provides all-day comfort for up to 3 people. Polaris Ranger XP 1000 EPS Northstar HVAC Edition is also designed to ease in and out of the cabin throughout the day with a boot permit of more than 10 inches and a 28-inch cabin opening.